Mexico is Nearshore
Cost is Only One of the Reasons
Due to the rising manufacturing and shipping costs from China, nearshore manufacturing continues to grow in Mexico. Influencing factors:
- Lower landed cost
- Direct links to major distribution channels
- Availability of industrial real estate
- Strong intellectual property rights enforcement
- Pro-business environment
While the benefits are growing, challenges still remain. A reliable supply chain can be demanding. Manufacturers have to closely evaluate suppliers to insure they have the experience and expertise to support efficient operations in Mexico. We have helped many companies optimize operations for many years.
Three Keys to Success
Expertise that extends across the border. We offer a full suite of services, focusing on:
1. Supply Chain: Localized, custom JIT programs provide flexibility of weekly, daily or even multiple daily deliveries to match manufacturing processes, and eliminate storage and obsolescence.
2. Regulatory Compliance: Experience with UL, CSA, ANSI, LIFE ensures printed production parts comply with all government and regulatory agency requirements.
3. Process Improvement Services: Manufacturing Assessment for Printed Production Parts (MAP3) identifies cost reduction and process improvement opportunities.
Out of This World Results
Operational Savings of Over 20%
A global electrical products manufacturer with nearly 100 worldwide locations needed to consolidate 50+ label suppliers. They
sought one large player capable of supporting the U.S. and Mexico
operations for label production, kitting, printing, and
Following an extensive assessment, we created and
implemented a program for the company’s thousands of printed production
parts. A significant portion of which was the production of labels in
Operational savings of over 20%. Reduced lead times, operational efficiency, and freight savings were
achieved through the redesign of the label program.